When to seek support
Maybe you would like to increase your awareness and gain more insights in yourself. This can be a desire that has emerged over time where you have become more curious about what drives your behavior or it can be triggered through a change or impactful event in your working/private life. This desire can be routed in a wide variety of causes. You might find it hard to deal with the consequences of a live-changing event that occurred recently. You could be facing a dilemma and you are seeking ways to move things forward. You might have an unfulfilled ambition or you would like to be able to handle certain situations more effectively.
Most of us struggle with constructive internal dialogue. My support will encourage you to conduct inner dialogue on a different level which will enable you to think about yourself with more wisdom and act accordingly.
What I bring
I will encourage you to look at yourself and your environment from a different perspective by asking questions and giving you honest feedback. You are not your thoughts and feeling, it is how you deal with these that defines you. Together we will determine which approach and exercises will support you best to take next steps.
During the coaching sessions I use a variety of methodologies: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Transactional Analysis, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy and Provocative Coaching. Since I am also a professional painter, I will bring creativity and images into the work that we do.
My clients have told me I am able to build a climate of trust and openness with space for humour. At times I will hold up a mirror to you about what I notice and experience when working with you if I think this will be beneficial to you. This means I will sometimes challenge you to get out of your comfort zone.
Way of working
We start with an intake (face-to-face, by phone or online) to explore your objectives and desired outcomes of your coaching journey. Once we have established a mutual connection and you decide you want to work with me, we will make agreements for a trajectory. At the end of each coaching session we will jointly evaluate progress made to ensure we work in a manner that fits your needs.
Coaching sessions are either done in my office in Amsterdam or online.
About me and resume
From an early age I have had a sense for what goes on beneath the surface between people. Over the years I have further developed this antenna through obtaining Coaching qualifications and managing and mentoring colleagues while working at Booz & Company and Capgemini. Through this experience I discovered my passion to help others in their personal growth professionally.
An important lesson I have learned is that getting to know yourself is an on-going process. I therefore invest continuously in my own personal self-development through working with a supervisor.
I have a broad interest, evidenced by my employment history. I have been a journalist for six years and worked as a Marketing Communication Manager at international consultancy firms for fourteen years. Because of this experience I am familiar with behavioral patterns and dynamics within organizations.
My international birth family has motivated me to expose myself to experiences abroad. I lived and worked in Paris in a PR/Sales role on trade fairs (e.g. Salon de Maroquinerie, Salon de Salon de Prêt-à-Porter.) and I lived and worked in New York in a Sales/Research position for art dealer in Old Masters Paintings, Richard L. Feigen& Co.
- Coach Practitioner, Europees Instituut/De Baak, Driebergen (NL) (2021)
- Provocative Coaching, IEP, Nijmegen (NL) (2019-2020)
- Senior Communications Advisor for several Dutch & international companies (2015-2020)
- Artist (since 2015), see www.moniquedemeyere.nl
- Executive Coaching, VU Amsterdam (NL) (2014-2015)
- Marketing Communications Manager, Booz & Company, Amsterdam (NL) (2007-2015)
- Marketing Communications Manager, Capgemini, Utrecht (NL) (2001-2007)
- Personal Growth & Family Constellations, Phoenix, Utrecht (NL)(1995-1997)
- Editor, RTL Nieuws, Hilversum (NL) (1997-2001)
- Author for several publications (e.g. VNU, Elsevier) (1995-1997)
- Editor & Author for art publications (e.g. Living Art, Art & Value) (1990-1995)
- Sales Assistant & Researcher Richard L. Feigen & Company, New York (US) (1989)
- Masters History of Art, 17th Century Dutch Painting, Leiden University (NL) (1989)
- PR & Sales Assistant, trade fairs, Paris (FR) (1980-1981)